Screenmedia are looking for a Technical Director / Architect with a broad range of technical skills and commercial vision, excellent team working skills and great interpersonal skills to join our expanding business. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Technical Architect / Director will be actively involved in the development of this forward thinking, innovative and expanding company and will be at the forefront of key technical decisions within the business.
We are looking for someone to develop and grow into the role reporting into the founder of the company. Working as part of the senior business team the role is varied, working within a fast-paced environment.
This will involve extending our Microsoft Xamarin Premier Partner, Microsoft Gold Development Partner capabilities to Azure Cloud; our innovation R&D roadmap for Voice, AI and AR, including advancing our Amazon Alex partner status, and securing Google Glass Development Partner status.
- Technical Architecture, from requirements gathering through to technical specifications
- Direction and agile project management of software development teams to deliver quality projects, on brief and on budget
- Hands on development of software in Microsoft .NET, .NET Core and Azure
- Implementing a comprehensive test environment for the products
Educated to degree level in Computer Science or an equivalent degree.
Key Skills Required
Three or more years’ experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Deep technical knowledge and implementation experience of Microsoft Azure (AWS also desirable)
- Understanding of data migration strategies
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design, software development, Cloud Application Design, PaaS
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and support of web and mobile applications
- 5+ years of experience in software development integrations
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong client consultancy and management capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stakeholder management experience
- Writing proposals, scoping and estimating work
- Experience in resourcing and managing software development teams
- Operates internally and externally at board level
- Willingness to travel and work occasionally on client sites
Characteristics for success
- Proven leadership skills
- Acts as the go-to person for specific technology domains
- A continuous delivery track record
- Passionate about technology, and its application to solve complex problems at scale
- Highly organised with a strong eye for detail
- Excellent analytic and complex problem-solving skills
- Communicate solutions, technical designs through formal and coherent informal means to business unit executives, technology management, peers and development staff, and wider colleagues
- Continually keeps up-to-date with emerging technology trends
- Supports and champions business and technical change initiatives; continuous improvement.
£80,000 - £100,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
Workplace pension; city centre car parking allowance; mobile phone, PC; performance bonus; flexible working
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position and meet the role requirements then, via the link below, please email us your covering letter, CV and details of your work portfolio.