We're looking for an experienced Front-end Developer to join our award-winning development team. You will be an experienced developer with a detailed focus on creating accurate, performant and semantic front end mark up and styles. You will be expert in best practice techniques for creating readable, modular and modern SASS style sheets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Day to day duties will revolve around building responsive web applications to high standards, customising current applications in line with changing business needs, and thoroughly testing your work across many different platforms and devices. This is a great opportunity for individuals wanting to work with cutting edge technology. You should be an experienced developer and have a strong interest in learning about and leveraging new technologies. A successful applicant will be a self-starter who can demonstrate attention to detail via thorough planning, communication and execution.
Ideally you'll be a web developer who is familiar with the full lifecycle of a web project, from technical planning to front-end and back-end development, and have at least 3 years’ experience working in a digital agency environment. You'll be used to multi-tasking across multiple projects during the working week.
Experience with Umbraco CMS is a bonus!
To be considered, you will have:
- Expertise SASS / CSS, HTML5 and CSS3 capabilities.
- Expertise in configuring and working with task runners / bundlers like Gulp and Webpack.
- A keen eye for detail when translating design requirements into interactive front end applications.
- A strong desire to be an innovator within web.
- A strong portfolio of web projects
- Passion for using modern web technologies and techniques at the forefront of Front-end
- Experience developing software using current design standards and to contribute to setting new standards
- Experience designing with consideration to a variety of device widths for responsive and adaptive web
- Be comfortable with typography and web layouts
- A solid grounding in technical SEO best practices
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to provide accurate estimations and work within budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience in building responsive websites, using a mobile first approach
- Ability to pick up and learn existing projects quickly
- Self-sufficient and able to work alone, but can also work in an Agile development team
- Focused on performance and knows how to get the best out of their code
- Experience working to and extending existing design guidelines
- Ability to determine unique and creative solutions to problems within a rapid development environment
- A quick learner who is comfortable picking up new technologies
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience using task runners such as Gulp, Webpack or Grunt is desirable
- Working knowledge of Flexbox and CSS Grid would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of a front-end framework preferably React or Vue
- Experience in using Node.js is desirable
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position and meet the role requirements then, via the link below, please email us your covering letter, CV and details of your work portfolio.